Best viewed with FireFox Browser

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Save the animals, too!

This has been one hell of a couple weeks for thousands of people in the southern states and, for so many hundreds and hundreds of animals.  

I am so thankful for having what I do have…an apartment that is dry and safe; my two cats that I love so much; food to eat whenever I want; entertainment by way of television and cd player; my photographs are intact and my books are placed on shelves…and, I have enough clothes to wear without having to worry about what to wear next.   I am lucky and didn’t always think about it.   I sure do now!

I keep worrying about all those animals that are left behind and hope that the animal rescue groups will find them all, and I pray they will be re-united with their guardians or adopted.  To me, they are sentient beings and should NEVER be forgotten in times like this.  

Somewhere on the internet, I saw something about making a law to have our pets considered family members.  That is just fine with me because my pets ARE members of my family.   This would help animals during disasters be saved in the proper manner.                        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home